Changed my address Esa stopped no payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changed my address Esa stopped no payment

dillan5560
dillan5560 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi I changed my address and advised of new address to esa, no payment gone in bank office closed no notice to say why what could it be I'm so worried I'm on high rates pip and support esa 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dillan5560 sorry to hear this. The best option would be to ring DWP monday morning. Let us know how you get on :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • dillan5560
    Thankyou so worried never had a problem, always get paid on a Saturday nothing today have to wait till Mon but I'm so worried why they've done it no warning 
  • Ami2301
    Have you checked with your bank to see if they are having any issues with their system?
  • dillan5560
    Yes checked with bank no issues and nothing pending ?
  • Ami2301
    At your new address, are you living independently or with someone else?
  • dillan5560
    With my daughter and 2 children she's self employed and only gets child benefit and child tax could it be this 
  • Ami2301
    Did you notify DWP this when changing your address?
  • dillan5560
    Yes I did but didn't realise about living with someone over 18
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Living with your daughter won’t affect your ESA unless you were claiming the severe disability premium on top before you moved in with her. If you were claiming this then you will have an overpayment. This maybe the reason why your ESA has stopped. ESA income related support group is approximately £127.15 per week without the severe disability premium. To know for sure what’s happened you’ll need to ring DWP when they open.

Your PIP won’t be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dillan5560
    Thankyou for your reply poppy123456, I only moved into my daughters 10 days ago so not sure of overpayment, just wish they had notified me but will find out Tom just hope they don't stop it all together I use a carers service as my daughter can't be there whilst working so been paying for Independant carers service to help me if I loose the sdp then I won't be able to afford as much care will let you know outcome thankyou
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    You will definitely lose the SDP £64 approximately per week. unless your daughter claims a qualifying benefit herself like DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living. Part of the criteria for this is you must live alone or be classed as living alone. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.