Pip being cut off for people on the autistic spectrum — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip being cut off for people on the autistic spectrum

Options
rowankaine
rowankaine Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a daughter and two grandchildren ages 18 and 22 with Aspergers Syndrome and another granddaughter with Autism ( high functioning all of them)
The two with Aspergers have recently been assessed and one had a reduction to bottom payment and the other had hers stopped.
when are these people going to learn that these wonderful people do not suddenly stop being autistic and do not suddenly recover or change. I’m devastated that I have to go through it all again.

Elaine 

Comments

• Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    @rowankaine

This is despicable news, and I totally agree with you. My own Son has severe development disorders and he was diagnosed with autism in 1990. I had to fight tooth & nail during his application for PIP and then again when it went to a court hearing. The DWP just don't get it. They fail to accept that autistic people will be affected throughout their lives, and many like my Son will always be a 'child' in most respects, no matter his date of birth and age. The DWP make their decisions based upon the 'mobility' of our children, and due to them being able to move around, walk and/or run for example, makes them appear to the DWP that they are not 'disabled' at all.  The system is inexcusably disgraceful, and I honestly cannot understand how these so-called 'decision makers' can sleep at night. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.