Bank account — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bank account

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Ami2301 thanks for that.if it don't rain it pours just checked CARL58 bank account been blocked Lloyds have found unexplained activity we've had to go through to fraud someone rang them on two occasions on same day trying it on.theyve sorted it but now he has to wait for a new card new security number because of someone trying fraudulently to gain access to the account luclyely no money has gone out.this topic is just warning to others to be aware that scammers are active coming up to the bank holiday I'm not going to worry CARL58 as he would worry and make himself poorly again jen

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Thanks for updating us Jen. I am really sorry to hear this, relieved to know, that no funds were taken out. How are you both doing?
  • CARL58
    CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Antonia_scope I'm fine thanks just concerned about CARL58 he's struggling at the moment to many things are happening at once he's like a lost little boy he can't take to much information in causes him to become distressed so I try to keep things to myself and not show him I'm worrying he can't handle problems or change in a daily routine so I just keep the routine because the slightest change he would know something's wrong and it would eat away at him and make him unwell jen
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jen, so sorry to hear what has happened! I really feel for you both, I hope this rollercoaster of events are on a smooth level now!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019
    There are are a lot of scam emails out their I myself have had them from banks PayPal credit card companies, what I have noticed is they want you to log in and confirm your account details. So what I do is click the box item which states forgot your password login details.. If the email is genuine you will be redirected to the official site if fraudulent nothing happens. The art Work and logos look realistic on these emails so be careful.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi Jen, thanks for your reply. Happy to hear you're doing ok, I understand. I hope he feels better soon and if you need support please let us know. Wishing you all the best. Antonia

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.