Will I receive ESA after they receive my appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I receive ESA after they receive my appeal?

danno2010
danno2010 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
So I failed work Capability Assessment after scoring 0 points and I’m wondering what course of action to take. 
I failed an assessment about 6 month ago but won at appeal and placed in wrag, so my question is will I receive ESA after they receive my appeal like last time or do I have to go onto universal credit? I know I have to ask for mandatory reconsideration first. 
Im suffering from anxiety and depression and severe dizzy spells after I fell from a wall and banged my head, I also lost my sense of smell. The thought of finding work is scary as what sort of work can I do. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @danno2010

Welcome it’s great to meet you this evening.

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some good info/advice on our community.

There are also a number of members who have been in similar situations.

There are also a number of “Benefit Advisors” on here.

Please please let me know how you feel??

@steve51
  • danno2010
    Hi nice to hear from you. I’m feeling very anxious, even more than normal as I’m worried sick what’s going to happen. Last time this happened the mandatory reconsideration took 12 weeks and I never received anything in that time although it was back dated after I lodged an appeal so I’m terrified it will happen again I don’t know how I will get by. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @danno2010

No probs, please please don’t worry we are here to help & support you.

Are you having any one go with you tomorrow????

We will all be able to point you in the right direction.

Don’t worry just make sure that you give it your best & we will all be here for you.

We offer you lots of support/advice/help!!!!!!

@steve51
  • danno2010
    Iv already been on 1 april

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.