DWP home visit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP home visit

Michelleidb
Michelleidb Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have been diagnosed  with Crohns disease now for 11 and getting my first DWP home visit next week and I'm really nervous about it, has anyone had one?

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Michelleidb how are you doing today? There's some information on DWP home visits, from the GOV.UK website. I can understand how you feel and a lot of our members have felt nervous too. Please let us know if you have any questions. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Michelleidb welcome to the community! I have my first home assessment in a few weeks too. You're now part of a supportive community and we will do our best to help ease your nerves :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Michelleidb
    Thank you, I just don't know what to expect, it's making me anxious?
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Thank you, I just don't know what to expect, it's making me anxious?
    Think positive. I see on here before the woman went to the wrong address and assessed the wrong person before lol 
  • Michelleidb
    Lol that's ridiculous  ?
  • yanhow1
    yanhow1 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    I had a home visit due to take place last week, the assessor did not even turn up, 
    when I rang capita to find out where they were I was treated like it was my fault and I should ring back after 24hrs to find out why the assessor could not interview me,
    when I rang they told me the person had left without notice ! No apology or anything.
     I was then told there were no home visits available for months so I had to take an assessment centre appointment.
    Try not to worry, have someone with you for support and think of the assessor as just a person, that’s all they are.
    good luck with everything.
  • Michelleidb
    Thanks so much, the way they treat people is shocking!
  • Michelleidb
    So I had my visit! The women was fine not very chatty and I ended up feeling very depressed discussing my issues , it's amazing how you just learn to live with your ailments but talking about is so hard for me. She said I will hear back in 6 weeks, fingers crossed ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @Michelleidb, fingers crossed for you!
    It can be difficult and quite confronting having to discuss issues so you've done really well. Let us know when you hear back. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.