If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Can a parent claim cares allowance

terrenceterrence Posts: 14Member Listener
edited April 16 in Parents and carers
my question is can a father claim carers allowance for his daughter. She receives pip the father receives dla they don't live in the same house though

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 5,804Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @terrence you can find all the information you need to know about Carer's Allowance here. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask! :)
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
  • terrenceterrence Posts: 14Member Listener
    Thank you for your reply. I'm still confused because I claim UC . I read that claiming carers allowance will affect my u c??
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 4,412Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @terrence, if you claim Carer's Allowance it is then deducted £ for £ out of your Universal Credit award as it is considered income. However, while you're claiming CA they will be making NI contributions for you.
    There is also a Carer's Element to Universal Credit which can be claimed by carers. You can claim this AND Carer's Allowance. 
    If you're unsure how to do this, put a note on your Universal Credit journal and speak to your case manager about it who will be able to help.

Do let me know if you have any other questions!
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
  • terrenceterrence Posts: 14Member Listener
    Thank you so much
Sign in or join us to comment.