Help with Universal Credit & LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with Universal Credit & LCWRA

laurenxs
laurenxs Community member Posts: 30 Listener
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I've been waiting to find out a decision in regards to LCW/LCWRA on universal credit. (Been over 5 months and a half since i applied)

I called the universal credit helpline today and they told me it says on the system I have LCWRA but they cant tell me how long it will be until it shows up on my unicersal credit online account. Glad to know i dont need to worry about the result anymore but bit confused as to what this means? I've called before and told there was nothing on the system so does this mean a decision has been made ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @laurenxs I would suggest waiting for your decision letter is the best thing to do :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Hi @laurenxs, it sounds like they might have made a decision. Have you logged into your UC account and checked if there is any update at all?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • maza
    maza Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    I have just neen awarded LCWRA and i was notified on my universal credit journal and when i asked about getting a letter it says they don't send letters they put them on your journal. M
  • laurenxs
    Thank you for your replies!

I've checked my online journal and still nothing on there - i thought they couldn't tell you the decision until then? That's why im confused as to how he knew on the phone?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    When I got mine after tribunal took over 6 weeks to go on my journal and this was only after I rang them. However I had been paid the LCWRA in my payment but nothing had appeared on my online account. Once it was on there was a letter attached 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Thanks for sharing @janer1967, that's really interesting to know and helpful to hear people's first-hand experiences. 

@laurenxs, give it a few working days (so until maybe Tuesday next week) and if it still isn't showing give them another call, or put a note in your journal asking.

Keep us updated!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • laurenxs
    So I've called a couple of times since and they said its showing as LCWRA on their system but i have to wait for the decision maker to post the letter to my account and this could take weeks/months apparently? Its now been 6 months since I applied and is a paper based assesment so is it normal for it to take so long?
  • laurenxs
    They've just told me the decision maker is currently deciding when to backdate my claim to, any ideas how long that takes ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Once the decision is made payments are usually made fairly quickly if they owe you any backdated money. The extra element should then be added to your next UC payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laurenxs
    I gave the UC line another call as still nothing has been added to my account and it's been 4 months since Maximus sent the assesment report to them. The person i spoke on the phone with said it had been too long as that he would pass my case over to his manager who would escalate it. Not sure what this means, does it mean my case will get looked at any faster? 
  • poppy123456
    It should be looked at quicker yes because it's been escalated. LCWRA is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first fit/sick note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • KEE
    KEE Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 I was just looking at a recent post on Lcwra and commented in regards to this and now I understand the 4 months meaning is when 1st payment occurs but backdated from 1st ‘fit note’. Thank you
  • poppy123456
    KEE said:
    @poppy123456 I was just looking at a recent post on Lcwra and commented in regards to this and now I understand the 4 months meaning is when 1st payment occurs but backdated from 1st ‘fit note’. Thank you
    No, that's not correct. It's not backdated to the date you sent your first sick note. It's not paid until the 4th month after you sent in your first sick note. If you sent in your first sick note in January then you won't be paid LCWRA element until May. If the decision takes longer than this then you will be backdated to May.
  • KEE
    @poppy123456  Hypothetically speaking that payment in May will be for May and not to cover any period of the same illness since January when ‘fit notes ‘ began? 
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    There's a 3 month waiting period which means you don't get paid the LCWRA for those first 3 months. As UC is paid in arrears you will receive it in month 4. See link and scroll down to waiting period. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Long-term-health-condition-or-disability-Universal-Credit

There are exceptions to this rule if you were previously claiming ESA.
  • KEE

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.