Banking problems — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Banking problems

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
My mobile was hacked someone tried to purchase on my card. Bank declined my new card I got shopping coming I to. Ring bank again later I told them am housebound am. Worried here don't know what to do I. Need my food as I run out. I. Hope bank will  help me 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited April 2019
    Hi @sam12, usually if your bank declines a transaction as they think it's suspicious activity etc, if you give them a call they can remove the block and then the payment will go through. 
    Have you managed to get back in touch with them, have they said anything else?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Am trying to use new card they need photo identification they arrange some one to come out am. Housebound. Police are investigating the hacked mobile and my bank. I need to use card but I kant yet
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @sam12, I am sorry to hear this, I hope this gets sorted out for you soon. Please keep us updated.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.