Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

janex
janex Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Had my pip assment with capita never claimed before but my mental health so bad I was so anxious on day , the assessor asked me questions I was honest she said to be reviewed in 2 years what does this mean ? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @janex welcome to the community! You need to wait for a decision letter which can take 6-8 weeks, it may take shorter or longer time as it depends on if there is a backlog of claims in your area.

When the assessor said "to be reviewed in 2 years" - This means your claim will be reviewed for any changes in your circumstances. However, it is best to wait until you receive your decision letter to verify whether or not your claim has been successful or not.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    janex said:
    she said to be reviewed in 2 years what does this mean ? 
    Hi,

Were you told this at the assessment, or have you received a copy of the assessment report and it's in there?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janex
    janex Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello I received my pip report from the assessment I think if I’m right I’ve scored 13 points no points for mobility will I get it or not all new to me please help xxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    janex said:
    Hello I received my pip report from the assessment I think if I’m right I’ve scored 13 points no points for mobility will I get it or not all new to me please help xxx
    That's a recommendation for Enhanced daily living only, no mobility. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. You'll have to wait for the decision of course but hopefully it won't be too long.

If you disagree, once you have the decision you have 1 month to request the mandatory reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.