Hi, my name is Nana2three! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nana2three!

Options
Nana2three
Nana2three Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Thank you for accepting me into the group x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Nana2three welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Nana2three
    Options
    Hi Ami, I have had severe Copd for 10 years which has got a lot worse, I have just been also diagnosed with Osteopenia verging on Osteoporosis. I am currently suffering from depression mainly caused by my bosses not understanding and making reasonable adjustments. I am 63 so only had three years to work until retirement but this won’t happen now as I can’t carry on.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @Nana2three I can completely empathise with you as I was dismissed due to my health deteriorating and they didn't provide any reasonable adjustments. The weeks leading up to being signed off sick, I kept my manages up to date with any updates of a diagnosis or appointments to then find out they had been telling my area manager that I had not been notifying them.

When they dismissed me in June 2017, I hit rock bottom, I was severely depressed and suicidal because I thoroughly loved my job.

Volunteering is very close to my heart, have you volunteered in a shop or online before?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Nana2three, welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Have you spoken to your GP about your depression?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Nana2three
    Options
    Hi Adrian
    Yes I am on antidepressants, don’t like taking them but feel so low I am having to.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Nana2three, I can definitely understand that. Please let us know if there's anything we can to support you and if you need any advice.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Nana2three :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.