adding my mum to my housing claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

adding my mum to my housing claim

Options
needingsomehelp
needingsomehelp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi guys I hope you can help,

My mum is 75 and gets high rate attendance allowance, she is currently living with my sister and shares a bedroom with my 10 year old niece in a two bedroom flat. My niece turns 11 in a couple of months and we've been told by the council that she is too old to share a bedroom with my mum so my mum is going to be made homeless. My mother doesn't have a carer but she is far too ill to live alone. I'm currently living in  temporary accommodation with my partner in a studio flat and we both get esa and high rate care pip. What I wanted to know, if anyone can help, is that is it possible to add my mum to my social housing plan if I'm not her carer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @needingsomehelp welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your current situation. I am unsure however we have a community full of knowledgeable members who will be able to answer your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Do you mean having an extra bedroom for your mum when you move? If so then you'll need to speak to the housing association regarding this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.