If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

adding my mum to my housing claim

needingsomehelpneedingsomehelp Posts: 1Member Listener
Hi guys I hope you can help,

My mum is 75 and gets high rate attendance allowance, she is currently living with my sister and shares a bedroom with my 10 year old niece in a two bedroom flat. My niece turns 11 in a couple of months and we've been told by the council that she is too old to share a bedroom with my mum so my mum is going to be made homeless. My mother doesn't have a carer but she is far too ill to live alone. I'm currently living in  temporary accommodation with my partner in a studio flat and we both get esa and high rate care pip. What I wanted to know, if anyone can help, is that is it possible to add my mum to my social housing plan if I'm not her carer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 5,762Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @needingsomehelp welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your current situation. I am unsure however we have a community full of knowledgeable members who will be able to answer your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 14,872Community champion Disability Gamechanger

    Do you mean having an extra bedroom for your mum when you move? If so then you'll need to speak to the housing association regarding this.
Sign in or join us to comment.