Disability aids and equipment
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Limbcare

SystemSystem Posts: 461 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Our Community Guidelines and How To Guide.

Replies

• Me118Me118 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    A note to all some people find out about this I only found out about these people after Christmas 
    ""LIMBCARE "
    From what I do know they are spread around the country mostly in car park next to shopping centres where people of all types of disability can rent a mobility scooter to go shopping or holidays they also have lots of other equipment that you can hire rent or buy a lot cheaper than online some of it it gets you out and it's only average £3.50 to £5 per day for a mobility scooter so some people don't sit in I go once a week I've found there's one in Farnborough queensmead car park Guildford also has a mobility shop for renting in the car park and I believe Basingstoke and Woking as well in my area which I'm hoping to try out over the summer months so if you have a disability and you're fit enough just to get out the house do try these don't get stuck to sitting around I was a godsend when I found these
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing @Me118

Most big shopping centres will have a shopmobility area where you can rent scooters or wheelchairs for the day, some have a small fee and others are free so check at your local shopping centre to see what they offer! :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.