How to swap the council flat based on medical grounds — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to swap the council flat based on medical grounds

Options
iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
Hi, I am just looking up for more information how to swap the council flat (second floor) to (ground floor) based on medical grounds. (I do have two medical conditions). 
One of them cause chronic back  pains and my body is getting a bit weaker  now than before.
I do get more back pains after  for example pulling up to the second floor the shopping trolley or carry anything heavier.
What updated documents  should  I have and where to start from just in case  I will make my mind. 

Please advice. Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    I'd give your housing a call and see if they can advise you. When I wanted my band changing I had to contact the lettings part of the council, they then sent a form out which I got help with and I had to get supporting letters from my GP, support worker and housing patch manager, I then had an assessment and was put into medical housing band 3 which doesn't sound very high but it was fine, I only waited around 2 - 3 months for a suitable property. The process took me about a year from start to finish which isn't that bad really.

• iza
    Options
    @WF2k  thank you for your replay. I may have to think about  it as an option. I really like my current place and feel home here but I may have to consider another solution for my life to avoid pains and protect my back. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I know what you mean, I liked my last home but it had stairs and I needed something on the same level, plus the people above us were very noisy and weren't helping my health at all.
  • iza
    Options
    @WF2k
    Have you been relocated within the same borough of your town, city? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.