If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

My Year On ESA Is Ending Next Month

kevin52kevin52 Posts: 60Member Courageous
Hi ,
My ESA Is Up On The 10th Of May , I Have Still Had No Letter For Another Medical Yet.
Is there Some Sort Of Backlog In Scotland ?
I Am In The Support Group Under The Substantial Risk Condition.

Kevin ....

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 15,083Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The time they give you when you're placed into a group is just a guide and nothing more. For ESA you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. Some people go over their guide time and others are assessed earlier than this. ESA is ongoing as long as you remain in the group. Your money will continue regardless of the time.

You will eventually be sent another ESA50 work capability assessment form. When you receive this, the process starts all over again and you'll need to fill it in, return it with all your evidence and then you'll most likely be sent for another assessment.
  • kevin52kevin52 Posts: 60Member Courageous
    Cheers Poppy :) ,
    Just The Waiting Daily For that **** Letter to Pop In The Door , Dreading It .
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,902Member Disability Gamechanger
    Brown envelope syndrome aargh!
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
    For ESA it's not a brown envelope, it's white. This is because work capability assessment forms come straight from the health assessment providers and not DWP.
  • ToejamToejam Posts: 10Member Connected
    There must be a backlog in Scotland. I'm still waiting to hear back from them after sending my ESA50 reassessment back in January. Rang them up and said they only received it in March and were still trying to Make a decision. I honestly thought I would have received a letter about going for a medical or something by now :neutral:
  • ToejamToejam Posts: 10Member Connected
    For ESA it's not a brown envelope, it's white. This is because work capability assessment forms come straight from the health assessment providers and not DWP.
    Yeah now I'm terrified of white and brown envelopes lol
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,902Member Disability Gamechanger
    Ok lol white envelope syndrome, I hate mail lol
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
    lol i hate mail too but the ESA is the worst one. I remember the last one i received last year, i really wasn't expecting it and felt really sick when i opened it and seen what it was. Totally forgot at the time that it's white envelopes for ESA :#
    5th Of May , Still Nothing From them , I Know they Moved the DWP Office in Glasgow .
    Maybe They Have Lost Me :)
    We all wish for that to happen lol. ESA doesn't end and the time they give you is just a guide and they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
    😂 6 p.m. . Text from U C  message to read . UC35 form to fill in ? Is this not a year to late ? What's the point of filling this in ? Please explain what good it will do me , it won't stop me seeing the shitee in Glasgow will it . 

UC35? I thought you were claiming ESA in the Support group?

The UC35 is a letter explaining the process where DWP decide whether you have limited capability for work.

UC50 is the work capability assessment form when claiming UC limited capability for work.

When claiming ESA it's the ESA50 form (work capability assessment form)
    Yeah I am claiming esa in the support group , just over a year now that's why I find it very strange being asked tonight to fill a UC35 form in , very strange .🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
    Am confused 😕
    Think it might be just a letter to read . 😂 UC is asking me to read it . 

Yes, it's a letter explaining the work capability assessment process for UC. As you don't claim this then ignore it...... silly people..DWP that is lol
  • scotschick7scotschick7 Posts: 14Member Listener
    I think there is a back log as I know a fair few people within that area who have been waiting a while. on the other hand I got a f2f with 2 1/2 week notice was due to be up today but it ended up cancelled. I had to complete 2 forms as they lost the first but sent me an app before they said it was on their system. I know errors are made but i hve never had this many with previous times. Hopefully yours is s straightforward as can be when the time comes!
    Hi Chick ! LoL ,
    Sending My Form Back tomorrow Recorded , So My Medical will Be coming up Soon .
    Dreding It , I Am going Like A Tramp This time As His Snide Comments From Last time ! What s It got to Do With Them How I Dress ! I Have Also Asked for It to Be Recorded Too , due To The Lies From Last time . Either Way My Phone will Be on Record Before It Kicks Off , I Am Taking No Chances This Time .
    Kevin .... :)
    Forgot Again  LoL ,
    I Was told I Should Also Be Getting PiP As I Cant Use Public Transport Or Mix With The Public . So I Wonder If I Should Kick A Claim Of For It Now ? anyone clued Up If I Can Start This The Now ?
    Kevin .... :)
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 4,497Administrator Scope community team
    Hello @kevin52, PIP is a different benefit to ESA and isn't reliant on having ESA so if you think you meet the descriptors for it, you can apply for it at any time. 
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
    Hi Adrian ,  Still no news From DWP On My Medical , Still nothing Either From My PiP Claim , Been Over 3 Weeks Waiting On The PiP Form , Think they Have forgot About Me.
    There's no timescales for the ESA. For the PIP then you should ring them to chase up where that form is because you should have received it by now. Ring them tomorrow.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 4,497Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @kevin52, give PIP a ring and ask about the form, as Poppy said you should have received it by now. Hopefully you'll start getting some answers soon!
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
    They Phoned Me Yesterday , asked Me to Take 2 forms Of ID to JCP With My NI Number Yo Be Cpoied And They Will Do the Rest  At JCP ? Is this Correct ? Also Will It Affect My Current ESA Claim ?
    kevin52 said:
    They Phoned Me Yesterday , asked Me to Take 2 forms Of ID to JCP With My NI Number Yo Be Cpoied And They Will Do the Rest  At JCP ? Is this Correct ? Also Will It Affect My Current ESA Claim ?
    I'm not sure why you need to do this. I thought you were claiming ESA? Have you started a claim for Universal credit?
    Am On ESA In The Support Group , It Was DWP Who Phoned And Asked Me To do This So They Can Start My Claim Of .

kevin52 said:
    Am On ESA In The Support Group , It Was DWP Who Phoned And Asked Me To do This So They Can Start My Claim Of .

I'm sorry but i'm still confused. Start your claim off for what? what benefit have you claimed for please?
    PIP ,  Some Weeks Back , about 6/7 Weeks Ago . I forgot all about It Till They Phoned Me The Other Day .
    I'm not sure why you've been asked to go to your local JCP with your ID because this isn't how you claim PIP. To claim PIP you ring the PIP helpline and apply over the phone, they then send you the PIP2 form in the post. No appointment is needed at the JC at all.
    I Did Apply over the Phone About 7/8 Weeks Ago , But I Never Got Any Form From Them To Fill In .
    It Seems A Bit Strange To Me Too  Dont Know what To Do About It . To Do It Or Not .
    The only time you would be asked to attend you local job centre with ID is when you've claimed Universal credit. Are you sure you didn't claim this?

As you applied for PIP and haven't received the form you will need to ring DWP and ask them to send another to you and tell them you haven't received anything.
    edited November 12
    They Phoned Me A Few Weeks  Back Saying They Had Plenty Information So They Sent Me The form Out And I Posted It Back today ,  So Hope to Hear From Them Soon . :)
    Adrian ,  Still nothing From DWP On Medical , thats 6 Months now !  Still Getting Payed Ok .
    Everthing DWP Is moving to Scotland Just Now  , By 2023 It Will all Be done In Scotland .
    So I hope It Will Be Done Much Much Better Than DWP Did. :)
    There's no timescales for assessments or decisions and this applies to ESA and PIP. Your ESA will continue until a decision's been made on the work capability assessment.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 5,842Administrator Scope community team
    I hope you aren't waiting too much longer @kevin52!
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
    Got My Letter In , With A Weeks Notice .
    Told them I Had Gas Check That Afternoon , So Asked for Another Date And Afternoon .
    Nothing They Could Give Me Over The Phone , No Dates Coming up On The System.
    So A Letter Will Come When They Can Set A New Afternoon App.
    There Was No Gas Check , Just Thought I Would Piss Them Off A Bit :)

Sign in or join us to comment.