Hi, my name is Aidan5175! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Aidan5175!

Aidan5175
Aidan5175 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I'm a 20-something South African–born disabled, wheelchair-user. For the last few years, I've started and been running the disability blog, The Disability Diaries Since moving from Cape Town to Devizes in November, I've become a freelance writer and have been focusing quite a bit on Disability. I spend most of my time involved with English, History, and planning on becoming a teacher.

Any likeminded people in Wiltshire?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Aidan5175 welcome to the community! What subjects are you hoping to teach? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you here @Aidan5175. Are you currently studying? :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Aidan5175
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @Aidan5175 welcome to the community! What subjects are you hoping to teach? :)
    Great to have you here @Aidan5175. Are you currently studying? :smiley:
    Hey!

In an ideal world, I'd love to teach English and History but would be more than happy teaching either.

I finished a Bachelor's degree from the University of Cape Town in December 2018 (the South African academic year runs January to December rather than starting in September). Currently, no, I'm not studying but I'm in the process of applying for teacher training which should, hopefully, have me start again in September. Long term, I'm planning on doing a Master's and PhD—I already have a firm idea of what their topics would be but that's a while off yet.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sounds great @Aidan5175, good luck with it! I hope you'll keep in touch and let us know how it goes. :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Aidan5175
    Sounds great @Aidan5175, good luck with it! I hope you'll keep in touch and let us know how it goes. :smiley:
    Thanks so much, Adrian. Don't hesitate to drop me a line if you want to chat about anything.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.