Help with home — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with home

Options
cookes
cookes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi lve got PDSD , depression , athriAth and addiction . I had womb cancer about 1 and half years ago and had hysterectomy . With all my problems lm struggling now with menapouse ontop of everthever else . Symptoms of menapouse for me was painful joints fatigue and insomnia low mood depression ontop of my depression . I can't cope with running the home and need help . I'm trying to detox off painkillers that don't work anymore and can't get into rehab so have to try to run the home and cope with all these problems . Is there any help l can get to pay for cleaner and gardener ?

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your first stop is probably your doctor who can refer you for help at home or other services. Good luck 
  • MickConnon
    MickConnon Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @cookes and @debbiedo49. Have just found this post and by the sound of things @cookes, you have a lot going on not only physically but psychologically. Do you see your GP often? The reason I ask this is that @debbiedo49 suggested this which might be a good place to start. If you have a supportive GP, I always say that if you don't feel supported, then ask to see another one. Your mobility sounds like it really does need assessing as with the PTSD, depression you won't feel that you can do a lot. The rehab stuff your GP can arrange through local MH services and this depends on where you stay as some areas of the country are better than others in arranging this. The unfortunate thing about this is the cost of rehab. However, you have taken the first step in weaning yourself off painkillers which have their own problems themselves. Is it worthwhile claiming for PIP bearing in mind you are really struggling? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.