New to the group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to the group

barberanna
barberanna Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
hi my names Anna and I’m new to this group and do t usually talk about my condition as I’m still trying to adjust to my new life 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @barberanna and welcome

You are in a safe place here, if you want to tel us a bit about you, many of our members will be able to relate and may be able to offer help
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • barberanna
    Hi as I mentioned my names Anna I’m a young 51 , I’ve been diagnosed with lupus , fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis in my spine , shoulders elbow wrists knees and left ankle ( phew! )I also have a under active thyroid , sjogrens ,IBS and a good sense of humour   I was diagnosed about 5 years ago and unfortunately had to give up work as a special needs teacher due to the fatigue and pain . I’m a bit lost in life and trying to find my new place and purpose whilst battling daily with ever changing symptoms. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @barberanna welcome to the community! How are you feeling today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • barberanna
    Hi ami , I slept well but always wake up just  as tired . Pain levels not to bad seeming it’s raining here . Body like a weather barometer lol 
  • barberanna
    Are you ok ? Ami2301 said:
    Hi @barberanna welcome to the community! How are you feeling today? :)

• barberanna
    Yer I’ll be fine ami , you tend to plod on don’t you , hows yourself , you looking forward to the weekend ? 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I know what you mean @barberanna I am OK thanks, a bit tired as went to see a film last night and didn't get back home until quite late but it was worth it! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @barberanna, welcome to the community. I'm glad to have you with us. Please let us know if you need any support or advice with anything. :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • barberanna
    Thank you Adrian , I wish I’d found this forum a lot sooner ! 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @barberanna

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet ??

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with.

@steve51
  • barberanna
    Thank you Steve , I’ve had a very positive welcome by the team . I’m currently awaiting more mri scans on my back once I know what I’m dealing with long term I think there’s going to be another  big game change to my future . I’m being positive and taking things as they come . 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @barberanna

No probs it’s my “Pleasure”

Yes it’s the only way to be to be “honest”

“Please please” try not to “dwell” on “things”

We are all here to “help & support” you.

Yes please please let us know if there’s anything that we can help you with “long term”

@steve51

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.