Psoriatic arthritis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Psoriatic arthritis

Options
ellie_mae
ellie_mae Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone can help but I have a very odd arthritis which just arrives and completely destroys the joint within a couple of years. 
I had a hip reconstruction just over a year ago and by the point of surgery my thigh bone was in my pelvis such was the catastrophic damage. All was well for a while until it happened again, this time in my left foot. Again catastrophic destruction and by the time it's diagnosed the damage is immense. I saw a consultant on Wednesday and he is at a loss to know why, he has said I need surgery to stabilise my big toe but he doubts if this can be achieved such is the destruction, this has happened in months. There is a strong history of psoriasis in my family, my mother, maternal niece and my daughter all had or have this but I didnt know it was connected to arthritis. Is it possible to have Psoriatic arthritis without having the skin inflammation?

Comments

• elli
    elli Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi there Ellie, I am so sorry to hear you having such a terrible time with you body. I only found out I had psoriatic arthritis last year at 50,  Got psoriasis at  7 didnt think it was dangerous, only last year I found out 1 in 3 people who are diagnosed with psoriasis develop Psoraitic arthritis within ten years. Despite being in growing pain since 15 no doctors suggested Psoraitic arthritis or even sent me to a dermatologist. People can be born with Psoraitic arthritis or develop it later in life, and never have psoriasis. How are your nails, there is a tendency for the nails to detach from the nail bed and eventually get pitted, how are your nails. There is also a connection with lupus and psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.. They are all auto immune diseases which I only found out last year also. Whats so frustrating is that blood tests arnt conclusive. I hope your doing okay in this crazy time of corona. Best wishes to you . Elli x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @elli, thank you for sharing this with us.

How are you managing in lockdown?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.