Dwp say they haven't received the ESA50 form (capability for work) now claim will end, what next — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp say they haven't received the ESA50 form (capability for work) now claim will end, what next

leecoste
leecoste Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Have received a letter from the dwp stating the end date for the ESA50 form to be returned by is coming up and they haven't received said form, I posted the completed form back to them over a fortnight ago, today is Saturday so can't call them, and this following Monday is also the date the form had to be returned by, Is frustrating when because of my epilepsy, speech difficulties and depression the quality of life said conditions bring, a bleak future is an understatement, have been receiving income support regularly for many years and was receiving DLA along with that a few years ago but didn't reclaim DLA when it ended due to the fact I believed it was to much money and it was creating a suitable lifestyle, is all to easy to fall into the dependent on benefits lifestyle and while this might suit some I aint one of them, struggling to get by gives me motivation to sort it out, to better oneself, admittedly regular seizures have had an impact on this and not receiving any benefit or help/assistance at all then ending it all is looking better & better, a future with homelessness and getting robbed while having a seizure etc is no life at all, when going to jail Im assuming is a better quality of life then the one your living then something is definitely wrong with that, but a roof over your head, gas, electricity 3 square meals already made for you, then there's a gym, classrooms etc no wonder some people prefer it, that's not me unfortunately I just wanted some proof on record that it's the dwps actions that was the final nail in the coffin, our governments actions have culled the weak and the dependent, a cynical person might believe this was the result they wanted, our little island is expanding rapidly, cull the heard, suicide rates have gone through the roof since the benefit changes came into effect, surely there's something the people can do, divided we fall, together we conquer  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The letter you received is and automatically generated letter, which is sent out if the form hasn't been received a couple of weeks before the deadline.

When you returned the form did you send it to DWP postal address or to the health assessment providers? Sometimes the address to return it to is not DWP but this isn't always. It depends on the area you're in.

If it was the DWP you sent it to the post to DWP has to go through a mail sorting process and can take about 7-10 days for it to be added onto the computer and register as being there. The letter that you received could have been sent before your form was added to the computer. The only way you'll know for sure is to ring the on Monday morning as soon as they open. Did you get proof of posting? and did you keep a copy of the form before you sent it?

In the meantime there's nothing you can do until you've spoken to DWP. If you need further advice please do come back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leecoste
    leecoste Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Poppy, 
    Firstly Thank you very much for your time and advice, it is greatly appreciated, I didn't think of getting or even asking for proof of postage unfortunately but I did photocopy the filled in form before sending it back, main reason for this was because it was such a long form and had to visit my gp to get answers to some of the questions and didn't want to have to repeat that, I also copied the address the envelope had on it which was also with the form, this is the Center for Health and Disability Assessments, Arden House, Regent Center, Gosforth, Newcastle and the envelope was also first class for whatever that is worth, I will contact them tomorrow and update you after that, 
    Thank you again for your time and guidance 
    God Bless 
    Lee
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    As that's the health assessment providers then they should have received that letter within 2 working days. When you ring them tomorrow, if they haven't received it then you'll also need to ring DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.