Duty psychiatrist — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Duty psychiatrist

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi took CARL58 to see duty psychiatrist, due to severe flashbacks one would finish & another would start, can't recall what he gave him but it was only 1mg & dark blue waited 10mins, CARL58 mentioned he could feel it quietening him down,like a soft sea wave,nice youngish psychiatrist.i asked why he's not had treatment for flashbacks, there's no real treatment talking about trauma, counselling can help,in CARL58 case it's very difficult as Androphobia (fear of all men) is actually so real to him,you can see he's absolutely terrified of me,take him home keep a close eye on him,if it starts again call the GP out explain yove seen me, I'll fax across my observations,that was it really jen

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm glad things are being sorted. It would be easier for those reading your posts if you could stick to one thread, rather than starting multiple ones. It does get rather confusing when reading so separate threads and not knowing which one to reply to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CARL58
    CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    @poppy123456  sorry about that get abit mixed up  typical blonde moments.take care Jen
  • ScoliFibroGirl
    ScoliFibroGirl Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    I think it’s helping @CARL58 through the flashbacks of that helps when he experiences them..think of them as big wave 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.