I’ve just received a letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’ve just received a letter

anneliese
anneliese Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I’ve just received a letter about a fault in the esa payments from 2014-2017 I’m unsure on what I would be entitled to as far as I can remember I was on incapacity benefit then put on low esa and that had continued up til 2017 where I had a brief 6 month period of working... I’ve never had a partner living with me and I don’t have any savings... I’ve just recently been awarded high rate pip and sick pay through universal credit.... would my circumstances now be taking into consideration of any money owed.? Am I entitled to any.? I’m taking it I am due to receiving the letter in the first place I don’t want to get my hopes up 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

All those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA will be contacted whether you're entitled to any back dated money or not. Some have been contacted, filled out the form and aren't entitled to any money.

Whether you're entitled to any back dated money from between those dates will depend on what group you were placed into at the time. There's no such thing as low ESA. There's 2 groups for ESA, WRAG or Support Group. Low ESA could suggest you were in the WRAG.

At this stage it's impossible to tell you whether or not you're entitled to any back dated money up until that date. You will need to fill out the form, return it to DWP and they'll assess you correctly. Once they've done this they will contact you with a decision.

Your circumstances now won't be taken into consideration. It's only between those dates in the letter that count.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.