Independent case examiner — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Independent case examiner

corblimey
corblimey Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
what a complete and utter waste of time effort and energy I wasted on contacting I.C.E , first off they made mistakes then offered me £100 as compensation for their mistakes , then I get told that if I accept the money my complaints would be dropped, I said NO , big mistake as the out come of my complaints to I.C.E  , tbh is not even worth bothering with let alone mentioning , what a complete was of over a year of waiting, believe me don’t bother complaining to ICE , it’d just add to the stress and aggravation the DWP and Atos has caused you 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    corblimeycorblimey,

I'm really sorry to hear that. Given you still have your original complaint outstanding (against DWP & ATOS I'm guessing), is it worth getting in touch with your MP? They might be prepared to refer your complaint onto the Parliamentary Ombudsman. I'm assuming, because you've been to ICE, that you've already exhausted the internal DWP & ATOS complaints processes, so if your MP is prepared to refer you, it sounds as if you would qualify to complain to the Ombudsman.

It's also always worth keeping MPs informed of how bad DWP & ATOS are & how much stress they are causing - as well as letting them know that ICE were no help to you either!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• corblimey
    I tried my MP more than once , his surname Tobias, It’s the luck of the draw , I don’t know why these so called “ impartial “ blah blah blah entities exist as they only add to problems as opposed to solving them 

it’s outrageous that if a person lies in a benefit claim they get the book thrown at them , but when the DWP and Atos lie , it’s par of the course 
  • ruby2017
    ruby2017 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    I agree that the ICE dont treat serious complaints about departments within the DWP with any importance. The DWP are really a law unto themselves. There may be lots and lots of rules and regulations and guidance notes they are 'supposed' to follow but i have not had any experience of honesty or transparency with my dealings with them. Aside from THE ICE though, is another department worth trying. Its the Redress and Maladministration Team. They are a separate division to the ICE. As well as that, for your peace of mind, you should try contacting  the RT Hon. Frank Field MP if your having no luck with your MP.  He is one the very few MPs who are genuinely interested in the depressing and dis-honest way disabled people are being treated within the 'benefits agency'. If you havnt done so already, look up 'What-do-they-know', it makes eye-opening reading
  • corblimey
    I tried my MP for Bournemouth, as much use as a chocolate fire poker , I’ll give redress and maladministration a whirl , how do I contact them 
  • ruby2017
    I just used 'Whatdotheyknow' and look for questions on 'Redress and Maladministration'. 
  • corblimey
  • ruby2017
    Your welcome. Its not until you are in the midst of the game that is a Disability Benefit application, that so many "Guidance Notes" appear all over the place! I really pity anyone who are dyslexic or have learning disabilities. For example PIP has been around now for 6 years and yet i was recently advised that the  "The Decision Makers Guide" doesnt cover PIP as its a newer benefit!! Then how are decisions made without a corresponding guide for the DMs to use? How are we supposed to make logical appeals using the required guidance notes if there are none?? Just a failing system that seems to be collapsing from the inside
  • corblimey
    What’s even “ funnier” is that they claim they want to help you and then act like you’re a benefits expert and then if you make your claim by yourself, the DWP and Atos use it against you , due to all the horror stories I read about, I waited 3 years to claim as I was desperate as my savings had run out , and now 3 years later I’m still waiting to get a decision from benefits tribunal , even though I sent more evidence to the DWP regarding one of my conditions, but saying all of that , and due to that I’m more determined than ever to squeeze them for every penny i can get , it’s not about the money , in my mind , it’s just to make them feel as bad as I have and do for all what they’ve put me through , it makes sense in my mind lol 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Sorry to hear your situation, the whole process is useless.

Never trust A Tory MP, or the DWP, Atos, Capita or Maximus. Not only that, this government is a joke, the quicker these can be voted out the better.

They simply don't care. FACT.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• corblimey
    I know and that’s the most Annoying part , is that they bleat on about how much they care and blah blah blah , but when the excrement hits the fan

then they show how much they care , ironically, not one iota , the reason why they get away with what they do is because no one confronts them , I’m working on that ...
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    corblimey said:
    I know and that’s the most Annoying part , is that they bleat on about how much they care and blah blah blah , but when the excrement hits the fan

then they show how much they care , ironically, not one iota , the reason why they get away with what they do is because no one confronts them , I’m working on that ...

Trouble is @corblimey believe me I've been campaigning about how wrong this system is and about this corrupt governments processes as have many other campaigners have.

The Government and the DWP have become untouchable as they think their above the law.

All they seem to to is offer tiny titbits to make out as if their doing something for us less mortals.

If you find a way to crack an egg so to speak about this whole sorry situation would be glad to hear it.

I've sent numerous mailings to this Government various departments in how wrong their policy's are killing people.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• corblimey
    I won’t be able to crack the egg but just might be able to boil it in such a way as to make it taste ok , so to speak , but you never know, I could be the John Conner of the benefits system lol , of course they don’t take any notice as they have to many heads to cut off and are no doubt used to offering up convoluted claptrap as justification , but a start is they changed the law without lawful consent, a chink in their amour , we need more than kind words to break through , it’s time to unite and fight , “ we the people “ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.