Inaccurate PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Inaccurate PIP decision

PeneoplePitstop
PeneoplePitstop Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all
Just reading through the posts on here as I have recieved my PIP decision today and I hjave not been awarded PIP but all the comments in the decision are completely inaccurate. The most rediclous of the decision summarys are I responded well when communicating verbally - iam non verbal I don't communicate verbally for longer than a few sentences on a good day not at all on a bad day (the Assesment was typically a good day) and they also state my mood was stable, calm and relaxed I showed no signs of anxiety - we had to stop the Assesment and have  a break because I had a panic attack and had to leave the room. They are even stating there is no diagnosed physically restrictions preventing me from completeting any tasks accept managing therapies even though I provided the assessor with a reports which she accepted during the Assesment with consultants diagnosis. Iam totally baffled, iam wondering what I can do from here. I am going to request a copy of the report. What else can I do?  Is it normal for it to be this inaccurate? Thanks in advance for your advice this is all new to me 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, yes the assessment report about yourself are very in-depth and accurate, before you even enter the assessment center and during your movement into the reception and waiting area your can and are watched by CCTV, the assessor knows distances from the nearest car parks, bus stops and the waiting area to their office so none of us go out unkept looking dirty smelly wearing dirty stained cloths so we all get good great reports on our appearance ect. Remember PIP is about your abilities not your illness, disability, diagnosis or medication you take. The PIP descriptors are their for a reason.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Your next step is to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this. You should put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP and the Tribunal won't be interested.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Any relevant evidence you have to support your claim should be sent with the MR request letter because they very rarely contact anyone for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    This is all too common. Our son’s first ever assessment report contained a number of lies and I showed the report to my social worker and she helped me contest the decision. We went to mandatory reconsideration stage and they reconsidered everything for us.
    Hang in there. Keep us posted. Get a copy of the report from them. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.