Does anyone know where U can train as a disibility councillor? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know where U can train as a disibility councillor?

Julielewis
Julielewis Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2019 in Work and employment
Does anyone know where U can train as a disibility councillor? Thank you 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Julielewis how are you doing today? There's some information here about becoming a councillor from The Open University Website. You may also want to contact you local council and see if there are any organisations, for disabled people for training or work experience.
  • Julielewis
    Julielewis Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    You're welcome @Julielewis , please keep us updated. All the best :)
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I'd love to train to help people come to terms with disability/pain, etc., but I can't find any way to get enough financial support to do it. I already have a BSc and an MSc, so I'm not able to get the usual loan. It seems that doing it part time means you lose ESA, as well. Any ideas?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    @Julielewis
    People expect more help and support from the professionals those with the paper qualifications and letters after their names. I think that those who have been through the pain ,suffering, benefits system are sometimes more able to advise support and have the understanding of what the inquiring persons wants needs and require to move forward before taking the next step on their disability journey.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.