If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Partner just diagnosed with MS

hammiemadhammiemad Posts: 2Member Listener
edited May 3 in Parents and carers
Hi my partner has just been diagnosed with MS ever since hes gone to the pub everyday I'm accused of being a control freak if I txt or phone and I get accused of all sorts.
Instead of feeling sympathetic and understanding I feel resentful and cold towards him.
I'm ill myself please can you give me some advice all I want to do is cry.x

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 5,812Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hammiemad welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear what has been happening. I just want to reassure you that you're safe with us, do you think this is how he is coping with his recent diagnosis?
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,783Member Pioneering
    Hi @hammiemad welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? 
    You may find contacting the MS Society helpful, they have a helpline where you can receive support. It's open from Monday- Friday, 9am-7pm. Like Ami says you are safe with, please keep us updated and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
  • hammiemadhammiemad Posts: 2Member Listener
    Yes I think this is how hes coping but it's not right I've tried gently reasoning with him but one minute hes sorry and apologectic next I am a controlling it's like walking on egg shells
Sign in or join us to comment.