I have been off long term sick for 2yrs. Can I just resign? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been off long term sick for 2yrs. Can I just resign?

twigga
twigga Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2019 in Work and employment
I have been off long term sick for 2yrs! Yes 2yrs. Crazy. I’ve had a couple of calls from my company and one meeting after 16months. I now get esa in support group. Can I just resign . My neurologist and gp keep saying make them get rid of you but it’s never going to happen and I’m just tired and had enough. I did ask about anything they could do to make it easier, health and safety director said no.  There’s no way I could go back now and this is probably best for me. Any thoughts? 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi @twigga From a benefit point of view, your ESA would not be affected if you were to resign your employment, but I am afraid that is all I can advise - you may have other considerations in respect of your employment law rights, perhaps contact ACAS for advice on this? Kind Regards,  Sarah
    The Benefits Training Co:

• twigga
    twigga Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you. That’s really all I wanted to be sure of. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.