? Drained and fed up... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

? Drained and fed up...

Craig72
Craig72 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Well I just got my P. I. P date 16th of this month.. ? this will be my 4th assessment and never been successful ? so not holding out for anything, I'm not negative just know how the system works now....ive said this before being on the lower end of disability if I loose this I'm not doing it again. . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You say this is your 4th assessment but you've never been successful with an award. Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration and then took it to Tribunal for any of your other claims? Or have you just been refused and re-applied?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Craig72
    Had tree of the mandatory reconsiderations.... when I fist applied for E. S. A I didn't score enough points ie 9/16 then after a couple of callsthey put me into a support group... 
  • Craig72
    Then was on and off E. S. A for a couple of years the system is horrible. it's like a lottery... 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Craig72 said:
    Then was on and off E. S. A for a couple of years the system is horrible. it's like a lottery... 
    Given the cases that have been in the news recently with claimants dying after being told that they are either fit for work or don't have the difficulties they say they have I am of the opinion that not only is it a lottery but that the government/DWP don't actually believe that being sick or disabled should ever stop anyone from working instead.  
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    been on incapacity now for 20 years and later on ESA on the support part, just failed a medical, score 0, which tbh is a joke as you should get one point for just turning up in my book, so past 3 times, failed now 2 times, the whole system is beyond a joke, and not fit for purpose, just had a week off the net with a mental breakdown, but as the system cares even less, the stress of another Tribunal and letter's and letters just saying the same thing, eg the DWP doesn't make mistakes, or it's 3rd party assessors don't lie, just puts the ball back in our court, seems we all do (lie i mean), and also we all have nothing wrong with us, and all need to find a job, end of,...

while work may not kill me, the DWP just might, but hay ho, what doesn't break us, just gives us a shed load of stress
  • Craig72
    What a **** system mate.. . well I've not got the energy to go through this anymore... 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    So you’re going to give up?
  • Craig72
    Just fed up with it all tbh there are people a lot worse off than me, I just hope they are successful.....?
  • cjohn
    cjohn Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Craig72 said:
    Well I just got my P. I. P date 16th of this month.. ? this will be my 4th assessment and never been successful ? so not holding out for anything, I'm not negative just know how the system works now....ive said this before being on the lower end of disability if I loose this I'm not doing it again. . 
    What are they failing you on? Do you have support? Advocate? When you attend them medical evidence? 
  • Craig72
    They asked me to turn over my hands, and lied on a couple of things and that's it. ... they seem to control what happens after that

• cjohn
    Craig72 said:
    They asked me to turn over my hands, and lied on a couple of things and that's it. ... they seem to control what happens after that

Are you talking about esa or pip? Asos are the ones who lie capita not so bad i had to go to court over asos asessment 0 points i am deaf in both ears have been all my life she put in report i heard her clearly she turned her back to me and tested me my sister was with me she asked the assessor was she trained in audiology because even my sister couldnt hear what she said i had a panic attack that day she was horrible had me in tears i went to court and won
  • Craig72
    Omg not good... yes they have all been e. s. a and lost all of them.  I have advance Osteoarthritis in my knees and back and spondylitis.. depression anxiety ect... feel so low they have broke me... 

• cjohn
    Craig72 said:
    Omg not good... yes they have all been e. s. a and lost all of them.  I have advance Osteoarthritis in my knees and back and spondylitis.. depression anxiety ect... feel so low they have broke me... 

Thats disgusting you clearly have disabilities to get home assessments i had to send letters off my psych doc stating i suffer anxiety agoraphobia ptsd bipolar they still sent me clinic appointments i collapsed in two of them.in the end i had to get local mp involved after months and months of stress i finally got pip home visit 
  • Craig72
    I have mine soon on the 16th of June.. . can't wait ?
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    cjohn said:

i am deaf in both ears have been all my life she put in report i heard her clearly she turned her back to me and tested me my sister was with me she asked the assessor was she trained in audiology because even my sister couldnt hear what she said 
    I'm glad you brought that issue up. For the life of me I cannot understand why you would only get 2 points for wearing two hearing aids. I really do wonder if the assessors have any inkling of what it is like when having to hear with those aids. Yes it amplifies what they pick up in the same way that it amplifies every bit of background noise. You spend your time trying to put the voices to the lips/faces. The nearest way of describing it is being in a room of say a dozen people who are all talking to each other it sounds like bedlam. Surely there is more than two points for being deaf. If someone shouted 'FIRE' in that room of 12 people I wouldn't know who said it from where. You just have to follow what everyone else does. 
    How can an assessor be so blind as to say that if you have two aids to hear then you are no longer deaf and can hear as clearly as someone who isn't. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.