If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Redundancy selection criteria

donnag123donnag123 Posts: 5Member Listener
I have been selected from a pool of people for redundancy- does this seem fair (the below ranking and criteria etc)?
luckily I am in the union and they are coming with me to my consultation tomorrow.
this coincides with me trying since January to get a reasonable adjustment to my working pattern for my fatigue 🤨
i am being honest - I am really good at my job. I have eds, autism and mental health problems but mask these consistently (have told my employer tho)  and am able to carry my job out at an excellent standard. Most colleagues would say I was top.
my boss has took a personal offensive tone to me lately tho 😢
[Edited by moderator]

Replies

• Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,783Member Pioneering
    Hi @donnag123 welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this.  I hope the consultation goes well today, glad to know you have the support of the union. Please keep us updated. 

We have edited your post as personal names and information are not permitted on the forum to ensure your information is kept safe. Our forum is a public place and can be viewed openly by others. 

All the best.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 1,356Administrator Scope community team
    Hello @donnag123. How are you doing today? I'm sorry to read about the situation you're in. Have you taken a look at some of our advice for dealing with problems at work?
    Senior Community Officer
    Scope
  • donnag123donnag123 Posts: 5Member Listener
    edited May 3
    Hi I have been very anxious today but thank you for asking. My union rep was an amazing support and has not seen a clearer case of using a disability to choose for redundancy. They used my characteristics of my disabilities as the descriptors to mark me down.
    another lady in the pool has asked for voluntary but I feel they will still choose me which i
    have been told will not look good at tribunal stage.
    it is astounding how even an experienced union rep telling my boss that he can not select characteristics of my disabilities as a reason for selecting me, my boss still thinking he can! 
    I have a case for disability discrimination still even if they do accept the other lady’s voluntary offer and I remain in my position.
    All I can say to anyone if they were to read this is to join an employment union and be in it always as you never know when you will need them.
    thank you for asking Adrian I will take a look now
Sign in or join us to comment.