New F2F Assesment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New F2F Assesment

Princess81
Princess81 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all,

My husband’s sister in law (previous marriage) has adults Stills Disease. She went to Tribunal on the 23/1/19 in Enfield. She was awarded 8 points for DLA and 10 points for mobility.

They've said she's only entitled to the Standard rate from 11/7/18 to 8/5/2021. This means she won't qualify to keep her mobility car.

There were many inaccuracies highlighted at the tribunal in regards to medical reports and also at her face to face assessment she was never asked to walk/observed doing activities, arrived in a wheelchair which was pushed by her sister (her carer).

Without her car she is housebound and also cannot attend hospital appointments as no one else but she in the family can drive.

Following on from the above, we sat down with CAB and they advised to re-apply under new circumstances/changes, I took the old forms and the last assessment and the reports from the tribunal and ripped it apart, i found that the tribunal had more or less written verbatim what the assessment had and the assessment was littered with mistakes, the assessor had said that she couldn't eat without the use of aids and yet when they scored it said that she didn't need aids, that was one of many, i highlighted and commented on each one and submitted pictures and cross referenced them in the report and also when tearing apart the assessment documents highlighted the pictures with the aids used - all of which i might add she's purchased herself! After waiting the best part of 6 weeks, she received a letter asking about ESA and has been called in for an assessment for PIP but they had the nerve to tell her that she has to make an appointment and see them in the next 7 days! She rang them up and told them to sod off in terms of the timescale that she needs time to arrange it, in coordination with hospital and doctors’ visits, so hoping this time the assessment will go better...

Can you please offer advice/rules on entering the assesment room with her please? We've asked to be seen at Watford now.

Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You will be able to go into the assessment with her but unless you're her appointee then she will have to answer all the questions herself. You maybe able to prompt her but this will depend on the HCP on the day, some will allow and some won't.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DoriFish
    DoriFish Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Hi
    I've just got my appointment for the face to face interview 
    I'm a nervous wreck cant sleep, it's making me feel I'll.
    I'm not good with these things I get stressed & my words get muddled, often come out with something completely irrelevant.
    I'm on my own & have no one to share with.
    Trying to get a home visit but they are not making it easy
    Really not sure I can cope 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.