Advice regarding benefits tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice regarding benefits tribunal

g_b_2019
g_b_2019 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi Everyone,
So my MR came back for ESA and they've stuck with there original decision. 
I put in for an appeal with the tribunal last week online and sent off all the evidence I could possibly get to support my reasons for appeal. 

Due to my anxiety and panic attacks I have real difficulty leaving my home, and totally avoid public places so I can't attend the tribunal personally. 

So just after some advice please with - 
·Does not attending the tribunal personally have an effect on the judge making the decision in my favour?
·Can my mum attended my tribunal for me if I put her down on my appeal as my representative?
·Do you get a text or email from the courts to confirm delivery of evidence sent? 
·What is the rough waiting time for a tribunal hearing if not personally attending? 
·How will I be informed about the outcome of the tribunal? 

Apologies for asking so many questions

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

Around 70% of appeals that the claimant attends are successful as opposed to 8% when not attended.
    The tribunal will want to hear from you not your mum
    You will get acknowledgement that your appeal has been accepted
    Waiting time depends on the back log in your area. Paperbased appeals are slotted in when time allows
    You will be notified of the result by snail mail
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.