PIP Review questions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review questions

slondon22
slondon22 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had P.I.P. REVIEW last week , Would assessor use some answers from original application or guess some ? Only she seemed to run through so quick and not ask questions on aids I used in kitchen or did I need help at all , she did say once “ I’m presuming you can’t peel veg “ that’s all , I would have jumped in only I thought she would ask about them after but skipped straight in to next question ?? I’m a bit confused as she just rushed out saying “ great that didn’t take long “ ! Appreciate your feed back on this one thanks. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @slondon22

Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning.

We have got some good info/advice on here.

I have placed a link below for you.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip

Please please let me know if you need any further help/support??

@steve51

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @slondon22 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

I understand the questions you may be asked in an assessment. The whole idea of an assessment is to see how your disability or illness effects your daily living.  Number of descriptors are looked at.

These help the DWP to understand your disability or health conditions.

Please what is important is to focus on the positive outcome.

I know that is not easy. I have been doing the benefit system a long time. You need reassurance did I say the right words.

I have this myself as have many other members of our community.

Understand the concern and we know that . You need to wait for the outcome. This might be stressful so please if we can be supportive.

Get in touch.  Happy to listen.

Please if we can help and advise further.

Wish you well for a good result.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • slondon22
    Agh, thanks for reply , but still need to know if assessor uses any old notes for new review or not ? Have been in touch and asked for a copy of report so hopefully find out before I get my decision . ?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you fill in an AR1 for the review ?

If so and If nothing had changed from your last decision then the HCP will probably access your old notes to confirm that this is the case
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • slondon22
    Thanks folks , I did fill in AR1 and stated “ no change” but was having tests for something at the time and  hadn't had any results back so thought silly to tell them till I knew myself .

but I did tell  assessor this , just wondered ( as she didn’t ask ) if she was presuming things were the same as they were when sent in original application and was saving herself time ? Or should she have asked me in the review .
    I’m just concerned as first decision was stated I didn’t need supervision in kitchen but I do ! I told assessor this at review ,she just said  “ you can get lighter saucepans “ I told her that it wasn't safe for me to pick up a saucepan or any thing hot ( can only use left arm ) and needed my husband with me , no reply .

..Oh well, will just have to wait and if don’t get those points maybe ask for a reconsideration .

Not sure how long before I receive decision after the face to face review and can they change my payment now ( if relevant ) or next year when my Pips expires so to speak, but confused with whole process to be honest, maybe shouldn't have written no change on AR1 form ?

appreciate your input folks and thank you ? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @slondon22 and a very warm welcome to the community! I have moved this into the PIP board so I hope you will get more responses :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's never a great idea to just write "no change" on those review forms. Every claim should be classed as a new claim by claimants and you should write as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. They should look at your previous award but whether they do for everyone is another thing, they did for my daughters recent review.

All you can do is request a copy of the assessment report, if you live in the UK. Once you receive this you'll be able to add up the scores that's recommended in their. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once a decision is made if you're not happy then you have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    slondon22 said:
     "she did say once “ I’m presuming you can’t peel veg “ ......
    I’m a bit confused as she just rushed out saying “ great that didn’t take long “ 

It won't take long at all if she answers the questions for you!

Possibly a bit too late now but for anyone else reading this I would beware of questions like this. I'd suggest asking the interviewer to repeat the question and, if they continue to give their own answer, just treat it as "can you peel veg?" and explain why you can't (if you can't), and what aids/ assistance you need.

Very poor interview technique....

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.