DWP and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP and PIP

Options
meb
meb Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i have recently had my pip tribunal which I won 
I am still awaiting my updated amount and backpay and DWP is telling me that they have 30 days in which they can disagree and therefore overturn the courts decision 
is this correct. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not exactly
    The DWP have 28 days to ask for the statement of reason from the judge. From this they will determine whether an error in law is present, and if found this is the only way they can challenge the decision

They seldom take it any further but there is no time limit for the judge to supply the SOR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    The DWP said they were getting an SOR after my last tribunal. I got the backpayment 6 weeks after tribunal. I requested the SOR on the last day, for records, and discovered that it hadn't been written, so clearly the DWP didn't request it. :/
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @meb and welcome to the community! I'm glad to hear you won at your PIP tribunal. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.