Back payment after tribunal win — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back payment after tribunal win

MerthyrMaurader
MerthyrMaurader Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there. 
Hope everyone is fine 
I've hit a serious problem and it's affecting me and I'm hoping someone out there can help. 
I had a tribunal on Feb 5 this year which I won.
2 weeks later I had a letter from the DWP saying the dates awarded where wrong and they were going back to the judge to get it reviewed. I received a letter from the court saying they've had the letter from the court and the mistake had been rectified and returned to the DWP. I've received no notification of this from the DWP.
I've phoned them numerous times and all they told me they've received the court letter and it's been assigned to someone by the case management. This was10 weeks ago. I phoned them yesterday 9may only to be told exactly the same thing I was told 10 weeks ago. I'm receiving no payments from them or back payment due to me. The frustration is now turning into something else and I'm worrying the effect its starting to have on me.
Any ideas please 
Merthyr Maurader. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MerthyrMaurader, how have you got on with this? Hope you are doing okay :)
    Scope

• Cadazzle
    Cadazzle Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Hello MerthyrMaurader
    How have you gone on xx
  • MerthyrMaurader
    MerthyrMaurader Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi all 
    Thanks for the concern 
    On Monday I'd finally had enough of the DWP bull**** so I went to my local Citizen Advice.
    They phoned and after a 45min wait finally spoke to someone who was very apologetic (they always say they are) and were told it was being looked into.
    On Friday of this week I received my back pay and my letter from them saying when payment would start so it's come to its conclusion after nearly 2years. Point is would this have happened if citizens advice hadn't been involved? I'm very sceptical of that. Coincidence maybe? I doubt that as well. Maybe it's because there was now an official notice of it that made them release the money.
    Moral of the story is don't give up and seek professional help like the citizen advice. They were excellent. 
    Keep well
    MM. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @MerthyrMaurader, I'm really glad to read that you finally got your back pay and I'm glad that CAB were able to help you. 
    Thanks for updating us and letting us know!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MerthyrMaurader great news!!! So glad you sorted out the back payments :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.