UC50 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC50

positivitygoing1
positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Hi ,

I've just applied for UC I was on income related ESA work related group ,but moved counties so I had to apply for UC ,

My first payment is due on the 28th may yet when I log on it says "if you are entitled to UC you should get paid in 19 days" , and 
"How much you get depends on your circumstances" ,

I've provided them with a 3 month fit note and I've now been sent a UC50 form which says they want it back by the 4th June ,

Luckily the lady that helped me with my PIP at M.I.N.D has said she will help me fill out the form ,

In order for me to provide evidence to submit with it , should I ask my old GP for my medical records (they provided me with them for my PIP) ,
I've only just been accepted at the new surgery where I live now and haven't seen the doctor there , 

I don't know how to get evidence , I have read that I should include it with my uc50 form or will it be enough that the lady at the M.I.N.D is filling it out , 

I've heard so many horror stories all I'm doing is worrying 

Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When you claimed UC after moving house you shouldn't have needed to send in fit notes because DWP should have honoured the ESA award and placed you into the relevant group for UC, which is limited capability for work.

You could still be re-assessed at anytime, which is what's happening now.

Yes, you will need to send evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for evidence. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent. Do you have any evidence at home you can send? maybe you have letters from consultants from past appointments? When i have hospital appointments i'm sent a copy of the letter thats sent to my GP.

Expect a face to face assessment because most have them. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.