Positive short story — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positive short story

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2019 in Coffee lounge
Hello 
I written a positive short story about cerebral palsy though use a character I have created I would appreciate to hear what people in community think  of my story. 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster and thank you for sharing this with us! What was your inspiration for the story to involve wheelchair racing? It does look a lot of fun though! :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Globster. I'm so glad to see you've gotten around to writing your short story and it has a great message. Have you written much else besides this? What was your inspiration behind it?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Adria 
    I am in the process of writing some positive story about disability 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Options
    Hello Adrian 
    my inspiration for the story I had watched  tanni grey thompson in wheelchair race on tv. 

• Globster
    Options
    Hello 
    I would appreciate any ideas for my next positive short story from scope community?

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster, what about a story based on the importance of a community? How it can make you feel less alone? :)
    Scope

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster thank you for sharing your short story with us. :) 

For your next short story you could talk about Cerebral Palsy from a child or a young adult's perspective. This could include their experiences in school or friendships?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.