No universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No universal credit

denisemargaret
denisemargaret Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited May 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
my husband has worked all his life paid into system two months ago he was laid off work he was told he had to go through universal credit process to get job seekers allowance this excluded myself even though I’ve been retired five years in November made him wait six weeks day before he was expecting some payment told him he wasn’t entitled to anything because I get state pension it’s not even worth me applying for pension credit as from 15 April we both have to be retired to make a claim my husband has now been told to apply for the new job seekers allowance and to fill form in to claim backdated payments which he has done as yet he’s still waiting to hear if he will get anything he’s had couple job interviews but still not got a job looks like I’m keeping both of us on my pension does anyone have any advise if there is peles he can claim he doesn’t retire for another seven years 

Comments

• denisemargaret
    That should read including myself not excluding
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Is he looking for work? New Style JSA is for those that are looking for work, if so and he's paid enough NI Contributions in the previous 2 tax years then yes he'll qualify for this. It's £73.10 per week but it's only payable for 6 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • denisemargaret
    Yes he’s looking for work had couple interviews but nothing definite for job yet
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Then that's the correct benefit to claim, providing he's paid the NI contributions. The quickest way to claim this is here. https://www.gov.uk/how-to-claim-new-style-jsa

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • denisemargaret
    Thank you he should get something by Tuesday next week I’ll let you know thanks again 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.