Change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances

Options
potatochipeater
potatochipeater Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I was granted PIP standard rate care about 8 months ago and whilst I didn't agree with it as I felt I should have got at least low rate mobility.. I took advice and accepted what I was rewarded.

However, my situation has went South since and I decided to call pip and have since filled in another form.

Anyone ever went for more? Even though I've been told I risk it all?

I suffer from arthritis/peroneal tendonitis/a bone spur in foot that needs surgery. Also depression and anxiety. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It will totally depend on how your conditions affect you because PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you're ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Some people report a worsening condition and lose everything, some have higher awards and some peoples awards remain the same.

Expect a face to face assessment as most people have them. Evidence will be needed to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • potatochipeater
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

What sort of evidence? My gp report?

Medically I have evidence from hospital and gp apps?

Are you familiar with the ability to walk question? 

If you are in extreme pain from the word go.. Does that classify as unable to walk?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Prepare for a face to face assessment. Gather evidence that supports your claim. Make sure that you take photocopies of letters and reports from the doctors and therapists too. How do your disabilities affect your ability to do things independently? Preparation is essential here. As much as possible is recommended. Good luck. 
  • potatochipeater
    Options
    I can't walk without being in severe discomfort. Unstable on my feet and short of breath.
    I walk at a very slow pace and can't walk far at all.
    Something I left out of above is that I am well over weight and that tied in with my foot disorder equals I rely on others to help me a lot. Eg: I can't put on socks or shoes. Plus many more restrictions. 
  • meandmine30
    meandmine30 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    I have had my f2f, waiting for a decision now. I pretty much found it like my initial application although this time I was way more prepared for what they wanted to know. Learn the pip descriptors and where you feel you fit into them and go from there. 

Beware I am now on month 4 since DWP received my form back so it's not a quick process 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.