PIP tribunal adjourned 5 months ago for medical records — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal adjourned 5 months ago for medical records

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
i waited 12 months for my pip tribunal  appeal then they adjourned it for medical records december 2018  and i am still waiting for another date to go back i have phoned every fortnight to be told we will contact you when we have a new appeal date its now coming to 18 months in total  i have been waiting does anyone know how long after they need your medical records for a new date thanxs in advance x

Comments

• Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    i waited 12 months for my pip tribunal  appeal then they adjourned it for medical records december 2018  and i am still waiting for another date to go back i have phoned every fortnight to be told we will contact you when we have a new appeal date its now coming to 18 months in total  i have been waiting does anyone know how long after they need your medical records for a new date thanxs in advance x
    Hi. I have the same problem. I was waiting over a year for a tribunal date and then got the 30th Jan 2019. On the morning of the tribunal, they rang to say that it had been adjourned. They said that the medical evidence I had sent wasn't up to date and they also needed all my old DLA papers from 14 years ago. I didn't know that they needed the DLA papers and I wasn't asked for them. After all, they say PIP isn't the same as DLA! I had to sign a paper to give the Tribunal Services the authority to obtain the extra evidence needed. I have recieved the copies back from them but still no new hearing date.. I am hoping that they will get back to me sometime this year!!!
    Cazann xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do but wait. Hopefully you'll receive a letter with another date soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cazann
    Hi @misstracey. Have got the date through, for your tribunal? I have just got mine through. It is for the end of July 2019. My daughter was going to go with me to my tribunal in January and had booked the day off work. However this time,she is on holiday and will be away, when my next one is scheduled, so I hope that I can arrange for someone to go with me. I will wish you luck when your tribunal comes along. Let us know how it goes. xx

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope you manage to find someone to go with you @Cazann! Best of luck with it all. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cazann
    I hope you manage to find someone to go with you @Cazann! Best of luck with it all. :)
    Hi Adrian. Thank you. I'm sure that I will be able to arrange something. I will let you how I get on. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.