Length of pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Length of pip

Options
brad72
brad72 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi all, to cut a long story short ive had my pip assessment and sent off for the assesers report, which came last week, basically it looks like i might score enough points to get pip all though dwp have not yet made a decision. The assesser has recommended a reveiw in 2 years, and also ticked the box underneath stating expects my condition to remain the same at reveiw. im a bit confused  what this really means, shoreley if that is the case she should of put longer. Also if i am awarded pip why state an award of 2 years if i will only receive a payment for 12 months. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

A review in 2 years means review in 2 years, in doesn't mean a review in 1 year. If the decision maker goes with the report then your award will be for 3 years.

Once the decision is made, if you're not happy you have 1 month to request the MR, which you should put in writing. You can request the MR for the length of time of the award but you'll need expert face to face advice for this.

There's really nothing more you can do until a decision's been made. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    As has been said above, 3 or 5 years is normal for most people. To get anything approaching 10 years (the maximum) you would have a recognised debilitating condition such as Parkinsons or Motor Neurone and that your issues are either stable and will never improve.
    However for those over 65 it doesn't seem to be that way. Everyone is supposed to be awarded 10 years even if they don't have a serious condition and might get better within 3/5 years. It will be up to the claimant to tell the DWP to have the award reduced instead. Ridiculous in my opinion

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.