Fed up already — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fed up already

benlis10
benlis10 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
fed up already and I still haven’t received my pip forms 
got evidence from GP and consultant but OT who came through social services and suggested and supplied all my aids says  they don’t supply letters of support  and just send in the summery of all the equipment she supplied 
in my eyes not good enough.most of my potential points will be through the special aids I need to use to function and I need them to understand that 
I really can’t see the point in applying now 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @benlis10 Hello and welcome, as you are well aware by your post that Pip is about your abilities not your diagnosis illness or amounts of medication you are prescribed. Having one or more aids does not mean you will score more points. The fact that th OT has given, sent you a list of aids for your use to help you. The assessor will be able to asatain that certain aids are required, needed for your daily living activities and score you accordingly to your abilities in reference to the PIP descriptors. Send in all your paper evidence making copies for your own personal use and future reference. 

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @benlis10
    As long as you send in the list of equipment supplied and stress that it was provided by the OT as a necessity not a choice they should be fine. I didn’t even think to provide a list I just wrote on the application form where my equipment came from and they didn’t query it. Just mention they are free to contact Social Services for verification as they were unable to provide you with a covering letter.It May also help if you have the letter they gave you after your assessment with OT this should give some indication as to why it was needed.
         Good luck Debsidoo.x
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    debsidoo said:
    Hi @benlis10
    As long as you send in the list of equipment supplied and stress that it was provided by the OT as a necessity not a choice they should be fine. I didn’t even think to provide a list I just wrote on the application form where my equipment came from and they didn’t query it. Just mention they are free to contact Social Services for verification as they were unable to provide you with a covering letter.It May also help if you have the letter they gave you after your assessment with OT this should give some indication as to why it was needed.
         Good luck Debsidoo.x

Irrespective of where you get the aids from or why, having them may well not help with the PIP assessment process.

First of all the aids have to be specific for the relevant descriptors No point in arguing for a particular aid if the descriptor doesn't exist. A bed riser is fine, but under PIP there is no descriptor for getting in and out of bed.

Secondly during the face to face assessment if the assessor comes to the conclusion that the aid is not a requirement  but instead something that helps where you can carry out the activity without the aid if you choose.

The OT may say one thing but the assessor will be watching and looking for indications that you are not as disabled as you claim you are.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.