ESA- can I go back to support group? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA- can I go back to support group?

delise1
delise1 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hello I used to get ESA support group until my partner moved in around 7 months ago and then it stop can someone please tell me if it possible for me to claim back ESA again my situation haven't changed am still not able to work

Comments

• delise1
    Hello I used to get ESA support group until my partner moved in around 7 months ago and it stop can someone please tell if I can claim ESA again my situation haven't changed am still not able to work 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @delise1 were you claiming income related or contribution based?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Hi @delise1

It is my understanding that ESA entitlement is based upon 'your' ability to work and not your partner's. I may be wrong, as the rules seem to change at the drop of a hat, and peoples entitlement is in the lap of the gods, what with Universal Credit becoming standard for all claimants. 

It would certainly do you no harm to make a new claim, however I'm sure that there's a Benefit Information page here on Scope which will advise you more than I can in this instance. Your partner, may also be able to claim Carers Allowance, and so look into that too. Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is something else which you may be entitled to, depending upon your own personal needs & requirements as a disabled person. 
  • delise1
    I used to claim income related ESA 
  • Ami2301
    Does your partner work more than 24 hours a week?
  • delise1
    Yes he work 40hrs a week 
  • Ami2301
    That's why your claim would have stopped. I cannot claim ESA too as my partner works full time. Do you claim any other benefit?
  • delise1
    I only claim pip and child tax credit 
  • Ami2301
    Have you contacted your local CAB so they can do a full benefit check to see what else you could be entitled to?
  • delise1
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You say you claim child tax credits. When your partner moved in with you did you report those changes to HMRC and did you claim tax credits as a couple? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.