If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA tribunal ...adjourned

Hi everyone had my ESA tribunal yesterday. Failed a capability assessment last year in July. I suffer from a slipped disc which I am waiting for a spinal stimulator to be fitted to help with pain. I also suffer with uncontrolled epilepsy and depression/anxiety. At the tribunal they were running late by half an hour. There was a judge and a doctor, nobody from the DWP. I have supplied over 100 pages of medical evidence to support my appeal up to date. The was a recess at the half way point of the tribunal which I was asked to leave the room for 10 minutes. Myself and my representative were called back in for a further grilling from the doctor. Questioning in detail my medical evidence a few years old. She then whispered to the judge and he told me it was going to be adjourned as they need to see my GP records and also a photocopy from my old employer from occupational health assessment which resulted in me losing my job due to I'll health. And that I will have to wait for another letter with date to come back. Has anyone else had there tribunal adjourned...and were they successful? I am not feeling very confident after today and just wanted this all over and done with. Could anyone advise me on how long they are normally adjourned for please. The judge also said it will be a different doctor and different judge too so a different panel for next time. So not sure why...

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 9,151Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    HI,

They do sometimes adjourn a Tribunal if there's either contradicting evidence or there's not enough of evidence to make a decision that day. Over 100 pages of evidence is an awful lot to go through, sometimes less is more as they say. Once they receive the evidence they've asked for and another date becomes available they'll contact you. Hopefully it won't be too long.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 913Member, Administrator Scope community team
    Hello @tombcfc, I don't really have anything to add to Poppy's answer but wanted to wish you luck and to say I hope you get your new tribunal date soon. Let us know how you get on and if you hear anything in the interim. 
    Senior Community Officer
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.