P.I.P. Tribunals and E.S.A W.R.A.G. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P. Tribunals and E.S.A W.R.A.G.

justg72
justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All
I thought I would update you all as I have been part of this forum for more than a year now.

After losing all my P.I.P. benefits in March 2018, I then appealed with an M.R. appeal and the response I received, I didn't agree with!
I have been to my tribunal today and I have won. I have been awarded enhanced for both, from 0 points!
So all of you who are refused P.I.P. I would take it to a tribunal. I was in there for 1 hour and I thought that you were only in for 20 mins at the most, so I was shocked at the length of time.

I did get questioned on my condition in depth, however,  I told the truth from start to finish. I thought when I was sat waiting for the decision that it didn't go in my favour and I hadn't won my appeal.
I was totally wrong!
I have been form hell and back with them stopping my benefits, I lose my home on the 31st of this month because I have been not able to pay the extra rent!
I also have lost my support group in the E.S.A. benefit recently in March 2019, my M.R. appeal has failed and I am now in the W.R.A.G. group. Looks like another tribunal!
PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP AND FIGHT THIS UNFAIR,CORRUPT SYSTEM!
Good Luck to all who are going to a tribunal x

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for giving us all an update of your situation and well done on your Tribunal result just goes to show there is justice after all,if you are persistent.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,826 Scope online community team
    edited May 2019
    Hi @justg72, thank you so much for updating us and sharing your positive outcome. Well done for seeing it through, the whole process can be very daunting.
    Are you getting any support with the loss of your home? Shelter may be able to advise.

Best of luck with your ESA tribunal appeal, let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    i went to Tribunal in 2012 and also over turned a 0 point score, and this year failed another so far that's 2 out of 5 failed, so 3 passes, in 20 years mind you, so glad you got the outcome you hopped for, and sorry you had to go for it in the first place, which is the point of my reply, imo most don't need to and again imo is a waste of money, time and stress, as we should have never scored 0 in the first place, i'm waiting for MR atm then guessing i'm also back to tribunal again, so fingers crossed for everyone
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Losing your home when you perhaps ought to have been getting HB or some HB all along would be more than unfortunate. 
    Even having the ability and finding that HB should have been paid but wasn't will be an uphill challenge. There are time limits relating to benefits even where the payment ought to have been payable but wasn't.
    I had a similar situation with a benefit that I lost through no fault of my own. I had the DWP agree that I was entitled to the years and years of payment. The unfortunate fact was that I failed to lodge an appeal against the original decision within the 13 month window. Consequently whilst they changed the decision from then on they could not pay me for the missing 7 years!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.