Pip Appeal and Tribunal and further information — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Appeal and Tribunal and further information

Carl1tf
Carl1tf Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good Afternoon 
I am currently in the process of a PIP tribunal / Appeal and still waiting but in the meantime I have been awarded a Blue Badge from my local authority as I can not walk more than a few steps without being in intense pain 
this contradicts the health assessment from capita as I was awarded zero points across the board! Should I contact the DWP and let them know I have been awarded a Blue Badge and ask them to reconsider their decision as the Blue Badge award contradicts their assessment? 

Comments

• Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    I doubt that would make much difference!
    If it helps, I was once awarded zero points as well and eventually they saw the stupidity in their mistake and awarded me what I was entitled to!
  • Carl1tf
    Thanks I just thought it would show that the original assessment by capita was flawed as they keep stating what was in their report which the Blue Badge award contradicts as it states I could walk 200mtrs which was nonsense as I only walked 4mtrs from living room to front door 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello you will have nothing to lose but keep copies of anything you send to DWP phone first to get the correct address.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    This question has been asked many times before. It is highly unlikely that having been awarded a Blue Badge would entitle you to the mobility descriptor.

As an example the opposite can also apply. Claimant aged 76 has the higher rate of Attendance Allowance partly on the basis that she cannot even walk from the bed to the toilet - 7 metres and requires help and assistance throughout the day and night. Yet that does not entitle them to a Blue Badge. They had an assessment carried out for the Council which determined that as they can get in and out and drive a car they should have enough ability to walk at least 30 metres. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    twonker said:
    This question has been asked many times before. It is highly unlikely that having been awarded a Blue Badge would entitle you to the mobility descriptor.

As an example the opposite can also apply. Claimant aged 76 has the higher rate of Attendance Allowance partly on the basis that she cannot even walk from the bed to the toilet - 7 metres and requires help and assistance throughout the day and night. Yet that does not entitle them to a Blue Badge. They had an assessment carried out for the Council which determined that as they can get in and out and drive a car they should have enough ability to walk at least 30 metres. 
    That claimant being your wife i'm assuming? same story yadnad gave a few months ago hmmm, strange that. :D

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Carl1tf
    I have sent a copy of my blue badge and decision letter as I belive it casts doubt on the atos health professional who stated I was able to walk upto 200 meters when they observed me walking less than 5 mtrs in the whole assessment. The DWP have made there decision on the original atos assessment, anyway for the tribunal I have letters from my consultant stating that I am unable to walk 20 mtrs never mind 200mtrs 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    twonker said:

That claimant being your wife i'm assuming? same story yadnad gave a few months ago hmmm, strange that. :D

No, my wife is as fit as a flea thankyou very much. I was describing a neighbour's wife who tried to use her Attendance Allowance award as evidence for a Blue Badge.
  • poppy123456

@poppy123456 I reported the likeness to Scope last week and asked them to investigate using IP addresses etc. I’m not sure holding multiple accounts breaches the T&Cs of the site, which is an unfortunate omission, but it’s certainly against the spirit and could appear to be a route around being ignored. The posts, in my view, have the same tone; are inevitably negative or seek to take the discussion elsewhere and appear to be posted at the same times as @Yadnad. Bearing that in mind I’ve added  this person to my ignore list. 
    @Username_removed thanks, that's another member of the forum that has noticed the likeness between both members. I too reported exactly the same thing but as yet nothing has been done about it. I will of course report the issue again if it continues.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited May 2019
    I also reported him. I suggested that he was trying to get around people ignoring him. If you did that on certain other platforms it would be a bannable offence but thier TOS is probably different.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I have noticed the same thing about the accounts. Is it possible to see their history on the website or not? Are there any other ways to report the account to Scope community team?. Keep flagging comments that are made by the poster. 
  • poppy123456
    All you can you do is keep reporting and hopefully something will be done....soon. It's extremely annoying i agree especially when a member is constantly dragging people down with the comments made and very rarely has anything positive to say to anyone.
  • Carl1tf
    Admin please close post
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.