Should I Go Through The Hassle Of.... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I Go Through The Hassle Of....

oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
Hia Folks.

Fourteen months ago I went through the P.I.P process.
I was awarded the benefit but at a reduced rate.
I appealed, through a M. R, but the award remained the same

I was told of someone who was awarded the same level of benefit as me. But this person appealed, went through the stress and anxiety of this appeal process and ultimately had to attend a tribunal.

This person attended, was armed with medical evidence, Doctor letters etc. 
After seven months of the stress, the anxiety, this person was awarded full entitlement of P.I.P.
Was given backpay that amounted to a few thousand pounds.

One of the points I made in my application was that I have gout in my left foot/ankle. And it is getting worse, and because of the pain and frequency of the gout my mobility has got worse.

I also have pain in my one tendon at the top of my foot (twisted ankle pain is caused by this tendon)  
I had to attend Physiotherapy for the second time in 12 months with this ankle. After several months of Physiotherapy it, the pain got easier.
Also with my mobility problems I have a spastic right leg, and wear a splint for walking.
My mobility has got worse in the last ten months. And the above person has advised to go through the same process as the one was given full entitlement. 
And I am seriously considering going through this.
But I was going to handle this process myself, but was warned it is complex. And I need help and advice off C.A.B.
Oh I am not going to go through that lot again I replied. I was then politely rebuked by being told that this is what the Government wants people to think its too much hassle!

Has anyone else reading this had to go through the above process?
Was/is it as stressful as I have been told. 
I am going to my local C.A.B. to ask for advice in a week.or two, to see what they think.

Thank you for any advice?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sorry, i'm a little confused. Are you asking if you should put in a worsening condition?

or asking about requesting a Tribunal for your current PIP award? If it's this one then you can only do this if the decision on the MR for your existing claim was made within the last 13 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Hia Folks.

Fourteen months ago I went through the P.I.P process.
    I was awarded the benefit but at a reduced rate.
    I appealed, through a M. R, but the award remained the same

I was told of someone who was awarded the same level of benefit as me. But this person appealed, went through the stress and anxiety of this appeal process and ultimately had to attend a tribunal.

This person attended, was armed with medical evidence, Doctor letters etc. 
    After seven months of the stress, the anxiety, this person was awarded full entitlement of P.I.P.
    Was given backpay that amounted to a few thousand pounds.

One of the points I made in my application was that I have gout in my left foot/ankle. And it is getting worse, and because of the pain and frequency of the gout my mobility has got worse.

I also have pain in my one tendon at the top of my foot (twisted ankle pain is caused by this tendon)  
    I had to attend Physiotherapy for the second time in 12 months with this ankle. After several months of Physiotherapy it, the pain got easier.
    Also with my mobility problems I have a spastic right leg, and wear a splint for walking.
    My mobility has got worse in the last ten months. And the above person has advised to go through the same process as the one was given full entitlement. 
    And I am seriously considering going through this.
    But I was going to handle this process myself, but was warned it is complex. And I need help and advice off C.A.B.
    Oh I am not going to go through that lot again I replied. I was then politely rebuked by being told that this is what the Government wants people to think its too much hassle!

Has anyone else reading this had to go through the above process?
    Was/is it as stressful as I have been told. 
    I am going to my local C.A.B. to ask for advice in a week.or two, to see what they think.

Thank you for any advice?

You have 13 months in which to appeal taken from the date of the MR report.

If you read how the appeal system leaves the claimant as well as my own situation (I refused to appeal as I knew that I would not be able to cope with the stress, the waiting (12 months) the appeal itself and all of the paperwork that you have to make your case on) I don't blame anybody bot wanting to take that road.
    I have said it many times that I can't understand how people who say that they are so ill and disabled that they can manage the appeal system.
    Good luck with what you decide.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.