Mandatory referral to Work And Health Programme following WCA 'fit for work' decision. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory referral to Work And Health Programme following WCA 'fit for work' decision.

Pete4500
Pete4500 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me out with this.  I suffer from long term anxiety and depression problems. I recently failed a Work Capability Assessment and i have put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. It's been about six weeks since the request for MR was submitted.  My work coach has now 'mandated' me to join the Work And Health Programme due to commence next week.  My understanding of this scheme is that it is voluntary for people with 'Limited Capability For Work'  The problem I have with all this is that I feel the jobcentre are trying to railroad me onto this  scheme before the result of the MR is known.  This seems to be jumping the gun and pre-empting the MR decision.  Does anyone know what will happen if I am subsequently found to have 'Limited Capability'?  Does my participation in the Work And Health then become 'voluntary' or is it the case that once signed up I remain 'mandated'?  I fear tit is he latter. and if that is correct it feels like a form of entrapment.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.