still on dla indefinately can i apply for pip now? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

still on dla indefinately can i apply for pip now?

maddy22
maddy22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
ive been disabled since birth, im on dla indefinately.  can i apply to go on pip now?   im 59

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's nothing stopping you apply for PIP but i'm not sure why you would want to. There's a lot of people still waiting for the letter to apply and are still on DLA. The good thing right now is you're receiving your DLA. If it was me i wouldn't want to start the process off any earlier than i have to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well put poppy why rock the boat, 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    HI maddy22  dla indefinitely I was on to do not ask for it your self just let them send for you to go dla to pip as its hard work and bad times 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Indeed, rocking the boat is rather silly in my opinion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

Is there a reason why you want to apply now ? do you currently have the highest rate ?

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.