I have mobility problems but the worst thing is admitting that I need help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have mobility problems but the worst thing is admitting that I need help

Jackwood
Jackwood Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have mobility problems but the worst thing is admitting that I need help. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jackwood welcome to the community! Many of our community members will be able to relate, including myself. I think it's part of the process to accepting what has happened.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Jackwood how are you doing today? It's not an unusual, a family member couldn't bring themselves to ask for help. Like Ami said it's a part of the process. Please feel free to interact with our members on the physical/mobility impairments discussions group. If you have any questions, please let us know :)
  • sophie88
    sophie88 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi @Jackwood yes I can relate. I had an Rtc 7 years ago. I was 23 and my life changed forever in an instant.... to this day my head tells me things my body laughs at... every day is a struggle but I think by coming to this forum, which I’ve only just joined as well will help and is admitting you need some support whatever form that might take. Good luck and well done for just being here mate ??
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @sophie88 thank you for sharing this with us and joining us too. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.