Regret applying for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Regret applying for PIP

magg11
magg11 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, i went to my pip assessment start of april, which i found very demeaning, was glad when it was over, as the stress and worry was overwhelming bout the whole thing, i had a psychiatrist appointment end of april, this has me in a worse state ever, im diagnosed bipolar2 and ADHD, my mental health has got worse instead of better, at the stage im hearing voices, self harming and seeing things, it tk alot for me to inform my psychiatrist bout this, i did so this day, i hadn't slept in 4 days, couldn't, my head was 1000mph constant with being so scared to say,i had my head completely melted, anyways i did inform her, in total despair, my anxiety through the roof, as i just couldnt take how everyday living was for me, i dont know wat happened, as she started asking me all these questions like where i got my tan, which i thought bizzare, i rent out sumbeds now n gain, esp for my skin, i told her this, then she asked bout money, then was i getting dla or pips, i told her im waiting on decision for pips, wanted to know all bout it, asked me bout housework, was my house clean, do i have friends, socialize, bout my son, who im ashamed to say, cares for my needs, should be me him, being a mother, was he working, or getting care allowance for me, or is that wat he looking, i was just all over the place, it ended in her reducing my ADHD meds, as i was shaking n that said sure not working, and weaning me off my bipolar meds, as arnt working, i was in a total state, i couldnt believe it, ive not handed the form she give me to give to the docs to come of these, as im so scared to, im scared for myself and how my mental health will be without them, fgs, but i can't help think now my psychiatrist has contacted pips, as i rang today, my report till  wasnt sent till 1st may, and then something bout can take up to 10 workings days, got told received it on 17th may, i honestly can't get my head round it all, im sorry I've even applied for pips now, as instead of helping, its just F'd with my mental health worse than ever

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @magg11 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry to hear this  what you have been through. I do understand as do many of our community members who have been through similar experiences.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

We have a dedicated member of our team who can help and advise you with your mental health.

@MickConnon_Scope .  Who will be in touch .

I have mental health issues myself and do know the most important thing. Is to find what is right for you. The right support, guidance and advice so you can deal with any issues you have.

Have you spoken to your Doctor. Say how you are. What any issues and problems are.  Which I know is not easy and sometimes difficult to deal with.

They are there to guide and advise support you.  Offer signposting with your mental health.

Hopefully our team member can give you reassurance. You are not alone.

Understand the anxiety and issues all around PIP.

I know if you need benefits to live on you needed to apply.

Please if I can help with anything.  Please get in touch be happy to be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning @magg11 and a very warm welcome to the community. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us all and I am sorry you are going through a hard time at the moment..We are not medical professionals but I hope we will be able to offer support and guidance, as well as the comfort from being like- minded people. I can understand your hesitations around the change in medication, especially if you feel it is working. However, I would advise following the guidance of your doctor.

If you need any support with the PIP process then please do not hesitate to be in touch as many of our members have been through this process and I'm sure they'd be very willing to support you.

Take care, I hope you have a good day :)
    Scope

• veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    You may be the 'strong silent type', but have you thought of asking you GP to refer you back for another assessment - if he can't do this your MP might be able to.  Then take a friend with you - someone who will literally hold your hand.  I did this myself and found knowing there was someone else in the room who was on my side was incredibly reassuring and supportive.
    You shouldn't have had to endure such a horrendous session, but sadly there are bullies out there  and it sounds as if you copped a right one!
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @magg11

Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning

I’m very very sorry to hear about current problems.

I’m also one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with???

@steve51
  • magg11
    magg11 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Ty to you all for taking the time out to reply, your support and care means alot, i just feel lost with no direction 
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    That's what we are here for, so come back any time.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @maggs11 Thank you for kind words.

Please can I advise speak to a charity called RETHINK.  Look on line. For local branches for your mental health.

This is a charity that can help with advocates. To represent you at meetings, appointments speak for you.  At anything regarding you mental health.

With you in attendance..

Very useful, informative and also reassurance much needed.

No one should have to endure what you have experienced.

I used them had problems with Doctors and some mental health services.

Please also consider looking at other support if you need it.

I used mental health charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Have a look. Get help and advice with your mental health

I believe some areas of the country not covered. 

Please if I can help get in touch. Always supportive.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.