Want to write about your volunteering experience for Volunteers' Week? - Deadline next week! :o — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Want to write about your volunteering experience for Volunteers' Week? - Deadline next week! :o

Options
Edward_Scope
Edward_Scope Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, Edward here from Scope's Stories Team.  :)

Have you volunteered to gain work experience? Did volunteering give you new skills and confidence in your job search? Did volunteering help you find work?

We're looking for someone to write a piece for Scope's website about volunteering to celebrate National Volunteers Week.

National Volunteers Week starts 1st June, so the deadline would be one week today!  :o  :o:o

Ideally, you'll be comfortable talking about your disability, the challenges you may have faced finding employment, and how a volunteering role has helped you. The focus of the piece would be on the benefits of volunteering and how it can be helpful.

You'll be able to provide a photograph of yourself that can be used in the article, and happy for your image and words to be on the Scope website.

If you're interested, please drop me an email at stories@scope.org.uk and I'll respond as quickly as possible. 

Thank you so much!

Edward

I'm the Senior Stories Officer at Scope. Always on the lookout for powerful and interesting stories.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.